- Tämä aihe sisältää 0 vastaukset, 1 ääni, ja päivitettiin viimeksi 1 vuosi, 6 kuukautta sitten Lyn Mcgovern toimesta.
16.12.2020, 3.00 #22812Lyn McgovernVieras
by Charlie Connelly
- Language: english
- Format: paperback, 328 pages
- Characters: Liechtenstein national football team, Charlie Connelly, Mario Frick, Peter Jehle, Norman Vögeli
- Places: Vaduz, Triesenberg, Liechtenstein
- Genres: football, travel, sports, memoir, soccer
- ISBN: 9780349114880 (0349114889)
- Release date: November 3, 2005
- Publisher: Abacus
- Author: Charlie Connelly
About The Book
STAMPING GROUNDS follows the Liechtenstein national football team through their defeat-strewn qualifying campaign for the 2002 World Cup. Drawn in a group with Israel, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Austria and mighty Spain, it was hard to see the principality’s part-time players scoring even one goal, never mind adding to its meagre international points total. So what motivates a nation of 30,000 people and eleven villages to keep plugging away despite the inevitability of defeat? Travelling to all of Liechenstein’s qualifying matches, Charlie Connelly examines what motivates a team to take the field dressed proudly in the shirts of Liechtenstein despite the knowledge that they are, with notably few exceptions, in for a damn good hiding.
Sampling the delights of Liechtenstein’s capital, Vaduz, such as the Postage Stamp Museum, the State Art Museum and, er, the Postage Stamp Museum again, Connelly provides an evocative and witty account of the land where every year on National Day the sovereign invites the entire population into his garden for a glass of wine.
Online ebook Stamping Grounds by Charlie Connelly buy cheap. FB2 Stamping Grounds read on iPhone on Dymocks. FictionBook book Stamping Grounds download. Paperback ebook Stamping Grounds Charlie Connelly iPad on Book Depository.
EPUB Stamping Grounds Charlie Connelly download on Amazon. TXT book Stamping Grounds read online for reader. Hardback ebook Stamping Grounds by Charlie Connelly buy for iOS on Bookshop. MOBI Stamping Grounds.