- Tämä aihe sisältää 0 vastaukset, 1 ääni, ja päivitettiin viimeksi 1 vuosi, 1 kuukausi sitten Amy Thompson toimesta.
14.12.2020, 2.46 #22530Amy ThompsonVieras
The Cry of the Owl
by Patricia Highsmith
- Genres: fiction, mystery, crime, thriller, noir, suspense, novels, american
- Format: paperback, 270 pages
- Language: english
- Characters: Robert Forester, Jenny Thierolf, Greg Wyncoop
- ISBN: 9780099282976 (0099282976)
- Places: Pennsylvania
- Release date: September 2, 1999
- Author: Patricia Highsmith
- Publisher: Vintage
About The Book
This ”extraordinary story” (Julian Symons) begins with an act of naive voyeurism. Robert Forester, a depressed but fundamentally decent man, liked to watch Jenny through her kitchen window, a harmless palliative, as he saw it, to his lonely life and failed marriage. As he is drawn into her life, however, the recriminations of his simple pleasure shatter the deceptive calm of this small Pennsylvania town. With striking clarity and horrible inevitability, Forester is caught up in a series of deaths in which he is the innocent bystander, presumed guilty.
Highsmith has once again, as Graham Greene wrote ”created a world of her own, a world claustrophobic and irrational which we enter each time with a sense of personal danger”. And that sense of danger grows from the first page to the sinister and chilling conclusion.
Hardback The Cry of the Owl Patricia Highsmith on iPhone on Audible. MOBI ebook The Cry of the Owl read. FictionBook book The Cry of the Owl by Patricia Highsmith buy cheap on IndieBound. Paperback book The Cry of the Owl download iPad.
FB2 The Cry of the Owl buy. PDF ebook The Cry of the Owl Patricia Highsmith for iOS on Kobo. Hardcover ebook The Cry of the Owl by Patricia Highsmith download. MP3 The Cry of the Owl read online reader on Barnes & Noble.