Etusivu Foorumit testi The Headman and I by Jean-Paul Dumont – buy book – 9780881336276

Esillä 2 viestiä, 1 - 2 (kaikkiaan 2)
  • Julkaisija
    Artikkelit
  • #20792 Vastaa
    Ashley Webb
    Vieras

The Headman and I
    Ambiguity and Ambivalence in the Fieldworking Experience

by Jean-Paul Dumont

🔰 The Headman and I – Read More 🔰

• Format: paperback, 211 pages
    • Genres: anthropology
    • Language: english
    • Author: Jean-Paul Dumont
    • ISBN: 9780881336276 (0881336270)
    • Release date: January 1, 1992
    • Publisher: Waveland Press

About The Book

The Headman and I illuminates the process by which the ethnographer falls through the looking glass into another culture. This close and insightful study of the Panare Indians of Venezuelan Guiana is a remarkable combination of hard ethnographic data and philosophical inquiry. Dumont is explicit in precisely the area where most ethnography is inarticulate — the concrete details of the field experience. The result is a major contribution to the methodology of anthropological fieldwork as he sought to answer one question: ”Who (or what) was I for the Panare?” Dumont’s engagingly personal account of the Panare view of the ethnographer and his culture centers around dialogue and interaction rather than one-sided displays of data and conclusions.

MP3 ebook The Headman and I read on Barnes & Noble. TXT book The Headman and I by Jean-Paul Dumont download on PocketBook. PDF The Headman and I buy cheap on Book Depository.

Hardcover The Headman and I Jean-Paul Dumont for reader. FB2 book The Headman and I by Jean-Paul Dumont buy Mac on Booktopia. Hardback ebook The Headman and I read online.

MOBI book The Headman and I. EPUB The Headman and I Jean-Paul Dumont download iPad on Amazon. FictionBook ebook The Headman and I download.

#20794 Vastaa
    tarokki
    Vieras

Chicken Little and Little Half Chick | Berta Hader | 9780486279879

Esillä 2 viestiä, 1 - 2 (kaikkiaan 2)
Vastaa aiheeseen: The Headman and I by Jean-Paul Dumont – buy book – 9780881336276
Tietosi: